- Junior and Senior classes will have an annual retreat which will be tailored to the needs of the class.
- Freshmen and Sophomore classes will have at least two days of recollection/prayer during the school year, at least one per semester.
- Student Masses will be scheduled each Wednesday morning;. Each class or group will take turns in preparing them under the supervision of Campus Ministry and the class moderators.
- Daily morning Mass will be available to all students who wish to celebrate the Eucharist. Sunday Mass will be celebrated for the whole Xavier community at 5:15 pm.
- Reconciliation (Penance) services will be held for the student body during Advent and during Lent each year.
- Daily prayer at the beginning of morning assembly will be conducted under the supervision of Campus Ministry with students taking turns leading the prayer. It is important that each student become comfortable in praying and leading prayer in public.
- Prayer (mandatory) will begin each period of theology class and will be appropriate to the course content. Prayer at the beginning of all other classes, while not mandatory, is encouraged with students leading the prayer as well as the teacher.
- Saints will be honored on their feast days during the morning assembly with a brief introduction to the significance of the life of the saint, or brief biographical event in the saint’s life.
- Students will be encouraged to form and/or join groups or organizations and participate in their activities geared toward Christian life and service, e.g. CLC, etc.
- Campus ministry will recognize students who excel in Christian/Catholic life and service whenever appropriate during the course of the school year, and particularly with awards appropriately titled at the end of the school year. These annual awards will be given on the basis of pre-determined criteria published in the school handbook.
- An annual retreat will be organized for the faculty and staff of XHS for their on-going spiritual and ministerial formation, preferably just prior to the beginning of the school year.